2016 marks the 18th year of the annual flagship event of the Davao City Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Inc., the Davao Agri-Trade Expo (DATE), geared towards the development of the agriculture industry in Davao Region. DATE 2016 focuses generally on the Golden Crops (Cacao, Coffee, Coconut, Cassava, Corn, and Rice). This year’s theme is Bridging the Gap: Global Opportunities for Mindanao’s Golden Crops.
It shall highlight the Agri-Trade Exhibition, Agri-Marketing Congress, Technical Seminars, and Business to Business Matching. The 18th DATE will feature exhibitors essentially coming from agri-trade, agri-industrial equipment, fertilizers, crop sciences, and disease management of the Golden Crops. This will be held on September 22-24, 2016, at SMX Convention Center, SM Lanang Premiere, Lanang, Davao City.
This year’s DATE is back to back with the First Agri-Marketing Conference in Mindanao and will revolve Beyond Production: Financing, Processing, Marketing, & Exporting.
The Agri-Marketing Conference has been divided in three sections: (1) Domestic Trade: Meeting the Davao Suppliers & Traders; (2) International Market Updates & Exportation; and (3) Financing.
One of the objectives of the conference is to present marketing techniques to create domestic and export opportunities for agri products, industry road mapping, link to global value chain, and finance counseling on innovative programs on how to access market models for financing.
For the first part of the whole-day event, the following topics on Domestic Trade will be discussed:
- Domestic Marketing Trends & Updates on Agri Products;
- Local Marketing Techniques and Strategies through Innovative Packaging, Labeling, and Branding of Agri Products;
- Supplying to Supermarkets; and
- Industry Road Mapping for Agricultural Products link to Global Value Chain.
The second part of the conference will tackle more on the International Market Updates particularly that of on:
- International Marketing Trend Review of Cash Crops and other Agricultural Products;
- Overview of the Free Trade Agreements (FTA); and
- International Marketing Techniques and Strategies through Innovative Packaging, Labeling, and Branding of Agri Products.
As one of the aims of the Agri-Marketing Conference is to encourage local products to be available in the international market, Exportation will also be part of the discussion such as:
- Participating in Foreign Trade Mission and Trade Conference;
- Awareness on Export Opportunities of Agri Products and Availability of Alternative Sources of Import Products on Diversified Market for Export; and
- Philippine National Standards on Exporting Agri-Products.
For the final part of the conference, the topic of Financing will be divided into two subtopics:
- Finance Counseling on Innovative Windows and Programs; and
- Access on Market Models for Financing.
Each delegate will be assessed a conference fee of Php 1,500.00. This fee includes the conference kit, lunch, and snacks for the whole day activity.
For those who are interested to join the Agri-Marketing Conference, you may visit www.davaotradeexpo.com, Facebook Page (FB.com/DavaoAgriTradeExpo) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The DATE Secretariat may also be reached through (082) 226-4433/ 0908-693-5335/ 0917-441-9596.